Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Marisol gift question??

  1. #1
    Inactive Member lileva's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2005
    Posts
    80
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    I was going to give my DD the Marisol Doll after her recital,and after chatting with "dianasmama" Laurie on the board a week ago I decided I would tell her the doll is for me but she can play with it,she just got Nellie and Samantha for Christmas so I want her to appreciate how special these dolls are and getting three in such a short time may not be a good idea,now my question is when to show her the doll.Should I stil wait until the recital to show her(I explained already that I will be getting the doll,but it is ours to share)or should I let her see it before and give her the outfit and accessories for her recital?I am wondering this now because we are both sick with the flu,and I really want Marisol.What do you think?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member lieu2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 2003
    Posts
    354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think it is fine to take the doll out now but give the outfits and accessories later. It will give special meaning to that particular day. I think a girl can enjoy the doll with just the meet outfit for a while.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I can't believe you just posted about this, I was almost thinking the same thing! I remember you and I talked about this earlier. Our Marisol is due to arrive tonight, and I was just thinking, should I open her tonight or wait a few weeks, I do have her Tap outfit but just not the ballet and I did order the complete collection with the trunk. I haven't even told Diana about her yet, but we faced the same dilemma because Diana will be getting Kailey for her birthday in just about 6 more weeks and I thought 2 doll so close together of her own wouldn't be a good idea either! Especially after Samantha and Nellie for xmas.

    I know what you mean though I really want to see and play with Marisol tonight, so we just might!

    To answer your question, I would open the doll for now, but give her the oufits after the recital! I can't wait till June till Diana's recital,

    Laurie

  4. #4
    Inactive Member lileva's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2005
    Posts
    80
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    O.K. you talked me into it.
    Laurie I do not know how you are going to wait until June,my DD's recital is March 19th and I can't wait.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    sorry, I just meant I can't wait for her recital, like in general! Not to give her the outfits. Last year I gave her the Swan Lake outfit on the night of her recital. She does like that one for Bitty, so maybe that one this year.

    No, we'll open all the Marisol outfits tonight probably.

    I know she'll help you to feeling better! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Laurie

  6. #6
    Inactive Member lileva's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2005
    Posts
    80
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Laurie,we just opened it and I am glad I did.Both being sick we are having a sick day slumber party in Mommies bed,with our AGT retired nighttime treats which has a doll size card game (we are playing) and she has molly's radio for the music.I will give her the rest of the collection at her recital. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member lynet44's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    187
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    lileva,

    I think you did the right thing. I would have done the same.

    Lynet

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •